Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Don't bother fixing the problem the cost of repairing the motherboard is higher then the system is worth.
This is a common motherboard fault in the omni 100 systems HP should have a recall of these systems.
HP Recommended

@langenberg wrote:
Don't bother fixing the problem the cost of repairing the motherboard is higher then the system is worth.
This is a common motherboard fault in the omni 100 systems HP should have a recall of these systems.

Agreed.  As for a recall, I'll keep the brick... I'll gut it and transfer the hard-drive,

dvd drive, processor, and memory sticks to another 64bit machine that is non HP.

At least I'll get some true mileage with those hardware parts...

Then I'll gut the case and use it as a plastic hollow picture frame with HP's logo picture

and hang it up facing the wall in shame. Because that's what this brick amounts to.

So far, this problem is getting nowhere for any working solution.

And I feel bad for all of us who bought this POS brick and are

experiencing this problem.

HP Recommended

Yeah I have been a loyal HP user too - no more.  The OMNI went dark and then the laptop I had bought at the same time went dark too.  The computers themselves still worked but with no screen it is useless.  My son hooked the laptop up to another screen just to verify it was working (the system etc) and it is - there is a problem and my experience with recalls is that by the time they address it the computer replacement you get is so outdated it is useless  anyway 

HP Recommended

I've tried the Bios fix instruction F10, F5 enter, etc but nothing works with the the black screen issue. Has HP offered any solution on this issue yet?  I have very important files that I needed as all my invoices are in there.  thanks for any help you can offer.

HP Recommended

How can I tell if it's the motherboard or the screen

Help >>>> Please

HP Recommended

You should be able to pull the hard drive. I had this computer and a HP laptop crap out within a year of each other. The all-in-one shortly after a year. The laptop lasted three years. As for the all-in-one, it was the first computer I've ever had to take apart. There are plenty of instructional videos out there, use those and you will have no problem pulling the hard drive to get your files. I bought a hard drive case for mine to fit in (amazon or newegg has them- runs around $20 or under), hooked mine up to another computer to pull my files and still use the hard drive to store other stuff.

A note to HP:

I use to be a die  hard HP fan- the only computers we bought for many years, but the quality has tanked and we no longer buy them. I've switched to Toshiba- have a laptop from 2008 that is still going strong (except for needing a new battery). I wanted a little notebook and actually bought an HP one last year thinking I'd give them another shot. The moment I tried it at home, guess what? There was problems. I returned it to the store immediately. I thought maybe after four years they would  be making better quality computers, but nope.

HP Recommended

Go to Tom's hardware, they have decent advice on testing the motherboard.

HP Recommended

Hello for this computer the dark screen and no power button light  the problem is the motherboard. The video chip  for this computer I repairs 4 aredy and the motherboard is to much money is you buy in eBay  is  $270 to $450. Is   Crazy  this is my job to repair any motherboard  thank you  and  good luck 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.