Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Pavilion p6-2380ea that I'm looking to upgrade.  I want to have a higher resolution monitor. I understand the motherboard integral graphics are Intel HD 2500. Can this support 2560 x 1440 using DVI in dual mode and if so, how to I configure it to output in dual mode ?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Just to clarify, not looking to use 2 monitors, just 1 at a higher resolution than HD

HP Recommended

@Grobbs 

A single dual-link DVI connection can deliver up to 2560 × 1600 at 60 Hz therefore it should work.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I was aware of the theoretical max, but had read elsewhere that intel 2500 users had only been able to get QHD via Displayport..... guess the only way to confirm is to get one and see if it works - with Graphics cards prices at the moment would like to avoid having to add a new card

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.