Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 20-c020in All In One PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HELLO SIR ,
I HAVE BEEN USING MY COMPUTER FOR ALMOST 4 YEARS  AND MY COMPUTER HAS STARTED OVERHEATING RECENTLY AND IT IS ALSO PERFORMING THERMAL SHUTDOWNS.
IT DIDN'T HAPPEN ANYTIME IN THE PAST THREE YEARS WHILE GAMING OR DOING ANY OTHER INTENSIVE TASK LIKE USING UNITY GAME ENGINE BUT FROM THIS YEAR ONWARDS ,  IT HAS BECOME A HEADACHE FOR ME 
IT OVERHEATS SO QUICKLY THAT NOW IF I OPEN ANY GAME OR DO ANY OTHER TASK LIKE CODING , IT REACHES 90 DEGREE CELSIUS IN 5 MINUTES AND IT OCCURS THERMAL SHUTDOWN IN LESS THAN 10 MINUTES .
MY PC HAS OCCURRED ALMOST 50 THERMAL SHUTDOWNS TILL NOW AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.
WHEN I OPENED MY PC THERE WAS NO DUST FOUND INSIDE IT.
PLEASE HELP ME , YOUR HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok sir ,

I actually found a solution to this .

I undervolted my CPU and disabled hibernation.

In the upcoming days , I would also visit a HP Service Center to get my PC cleaned.

Btw , Thanks for helping me.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Clanzer,

There is only 1 fan in that unit to cool it.  Hold the fan blades from moving, and use compressed air to blow it clean. Get under the fan. Find the vents, and blow them out.  It can not be replaced.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

SIR,
I THINK THAT THE PROBLEM IS NOT IN THE FANS AS WHEN I OPENED IT , NO DUST WAS FOUND IN IT .
I THINK THAT THE PROBLEM IS IN THE PROCESSOR AS IT NEVER THROTTLES AND EVERYTIME CONSUMES HIGH POWER WHICH LEADS TO OVERHEATING . MY PROCESSOR NEVER SLOWS DOWN EVEN WHEN THE TEMPERATURE IS HIGH .
IF I EVEN SET MY MAX PROCESSOR STATE TO 60% OR SOMETHING LOWER THAN THAT , IT WILL THEN ALSO RUN AT THE HIGHEST CLOCK SPEED AND DOESN'T SLOW DOWN.
PLEASE TELL ME SOME TIPS THROUGH WHICH I CAN DOWNGRADE MY PROCESSOR SPEED TO PREVENT OVERHEATING.

HP Recommended

@Clanzer,

India has a varied power system of 220V and 235V.  Check your line voltage.

@Photoray002,

Do you know of a means to throttle back the CPU.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Ok sir ,

I actually found a solution to this .

I undervolted my CPU and disabled hibernation.

In the upcoming days , I would also visit a HP Service Center to get my PC cleaned.

Btw , Thanks for helping me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.