Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Compaq Presario CQ3320L
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, 

I have a Compaq Presario CQ3320L and there's a problem with it.

The PC does not display anything (no signal) on monitor even though it is turned on.

I have tried these 

• Buying a RAM and sticking it in my PC
  • Changing my monitor
  • Changing my cables
  • Resetting CMOS
  • Reseating the RAM
  • Only using one RAM
  • Reseating the CPU
  • Changing the CPU
  • Making sure my house has the right voltage and things
  • Ejecting all USB devices
  • Changing the power supply
  • I have also tried to remove all the RAMs (2 slot DDR3) and I noticed that the motherboard still recognize it since it beeps short beep-long beep

None of those has made my PC back alive.

Is there any solution towards my problem?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @Sidiq!

@Sidiq wrote:

Thank you very much! I appreciate it.

I get what you said, but now there are updates:

• My Compaq does not beep at all when I remove all the RAM,
  • When I installed the RAM and turn on the Compaq, I plugged in its usual keyboard. I pressed the Num Lock, Scroll Lock, and Caps lock but the indicator does not lit. Perhaps, it does not manage to get to the BIOS?

Is there still hope for my Compaq?

Thanks!

This may mean that the motherboard has failed completely.  Since you are using Win 7 (no longer supported) and the computer is too old for software and driver updates, it may be time to buy a new computer.  The least expensive computer on the market will be light-years faster than your computer.  Of course, you have to make that decision.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Sidiq , welcome to the Community.

Your computer is too old for HP to have any information available on it.  It was released in 2010.  I believe that the Integrated graphics has failed.  There is no way to fix this without adding a discrete video card.  It will be difficult to find a card that will run with your 250W PSU.  You have done everything else that I could possibly suggest.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

• When I installed the RAM and turn on the Compaq, I plugged in its usual keyboard. I pressed the Num Lock, Scroll Lock, and Caps lock but the indicator does not lit. Perhaps, it does not manage to get to the BIOS?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @Sidiq!

@Sidiq wrote:

Thanks!

This may mean that the motherboard has failed completely.  Since you are using Win 7 (no longer supported) and the computer is too old for software and driver updates, it may be time to buy a new computer.  The least expensive computer on the market will be light-years faster than your computer.  Of course, you have to make that decision.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.