Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 690-0067c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Pavilion Gaming PC 690-0067c. I need to replace my boot SSD and have attempted to bo to USB with Win 10 install on it. But I cannot get the PC to enter the bios setup to set the boot order so the USB is selected. I have 2 ACER HDMI monitors connected, one via the HDMI port and one via the Display or with an HDMI monitor. 

I never see a POST on the screen or a bios screen. I have attempted using esc, f2, f10, to enter the bios setup on boot. none of these work. 

Is it possible that POST and Bios do not display on an HDMI monitor? 

How can I get POST and Bios to display on HDMI or do I need to hook up a monitor to the DVI port?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Rich

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
i don't have the same computer so that doesn't prove anything, but:
I have already entered the bios, while the screen is hdmi
I have not done the test since adding a second screen ..
Tried at least by disconnecting the second
To open the menu, you must turn off the pc (a restart may be too fast)
As soon as the start button has been pressed, press the f10 key several times, the menu should be displayed

but as we can see in this document it can be of other keys

Configuring the Boot Order in the System BIOS

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I ended up having to connect a different monitor that had a DVI connector. I do not see POST or the Bios setup via HDMI. Once I connected a monitor via DVI I was able to make the changes and replace the SSD.  All good now.  I would like to see POST and Bios via HDMI but it is not critical. 

Thanks for the help!

Rich

HP Recommended

It's curious, all my hp computers were connected via HDMI, when possible, with an HP or acer screen, and no problem going into the bios ..
Have you tried one or the other screen (alone) in HDMi, changing the cable?
If you want to close the wire, do not forget to mark it, it can be used for other

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.