Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 590-P0044
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can someone tell me the part number of a 600w, 500w or 400w PSU  that would fit in my  Pavillion 590-P004? I want upgrade my computer with GTX1050 GPU, but I know I need to upgrade my PSU first.

I have these two PSU  here, but I don't know if these will fit in my Chassis.

HP 400 watt PSU, L04618-800 

HP 500 watt PSU, L05757-800

I've read that you can not put a generic power supply, but if someone know one that cant fit, I would really appreciate it.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Jean2502 Welcome to HP Community!

As an upgrade/custom enthusiast I personally love the idea of upgrading the device as well, However, HP recommends that you go easy on it as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance and though the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion.

That out of the way, here's what you need to check:

The current PSU you have is an 180W SFF (Small Form Factor), so the new PSU you need to have should be an SFF too, or it wouldn't fit, to help you out, SFF is the same as MicroATX or uATX, and you can find these terms on the PSU requirements of your choice.

Also, very important is the part where your motherboard and other components draw power from the same PSU, so if its too powerful, it may damage your product, although for your reference:

click here for details (This is link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond my support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Your message did not help me that much. How ever, I tried with the HP PSU L04618-800 and it worked perfectly.

HP Recommended

@Jean2502 I had mentioned all the details one would need to sort that out, either way, I'm just happy you got it to work,

That said, if you need anything else, feel free to get back to us anytime and have an awesome day, ahead.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.