Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 600 G2 SFF ( i7)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there any after market psu  that will fit my (connections) motherboard? I dont mind leaving the case open if i can change to a bigger psu.I want to get a graphics card that isn't to low end...I do plan on building  a computer using my i7 6700 cpu and my ddr4 ram as a start in a few months..I hope someone can help...Product # P5U77UTR#ABA Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Mike,

Yes.

If it is advertized as an option on the configuration page it means that HP stands behind it as being compatible with your unit.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

If you are looking to upgrade to a video card with some power then you should consider replacing the case. 

The small form factor PCs are the worst case scenario for upgrading simply because the small format case makes a requirement for the PSU to have a special footprint. 

Upgrade PSUs for SFF PCs like yours do not provide enough power for a video pcard with grunt nor do they come with PCIe power connectors.

The followin search shows whatis available in terms of after market upgrade PSU for SFF PC's.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=HP+EliteDesk+800+G2+Tower+PC+specifications&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&clie...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Well since i will build a computer later,Somewhere i had seen that this computer could be ordered with stock graphics card but i cant locate the pages i saw them on..

HP Recommended

Unfortunately no.

That is because the small form factor PCs have OEM power suplies that do not supply enough power nor spare PCIe power conectors  for much of a  graphics upgrade.

HP Recommended

I found this page that shows 2 graphics cards that could be ordered when customizing my unit to buy from HP...I know they wont do much,but which 1 would be better?                                     http://store.hp.com/us/en/ConfigureView?catalogId=10051&urlLangId=&langId=-1&storeId=10151&catEntryI...

HP Recommended

The NVS310 graphics card gives you a bit more bang than the GeForce card does.

You can run two displays from that NVIDIA Quardo professional graphics card.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvs-310-graphics-card.html

HP Recommended

OK,so my unit has the power to use this card? I know it can be ordered with my unit,i just need to make sure it wont crash my computer...Thank you very much for your time...Mike C

HP Recommended

Hi Mike,

Yes.

If it is advertized as an option on the configuration page it means that HP stands behind it as being compatible with your unit.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.