Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-ay505tu (6100u)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to upgrade my laptop. Pavilion 15-ay505tu support M.2 SSD?? 

Is it support M.2 2280? And where is the slot and how to install??

Thanks a lot.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MingLui

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

As per the Service Guide you can upgrade to the following SSD Hard drives

To install the SSD drive please follow the instructions on page 65-66 in this Service Guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05087748

Hope this helps

Thank you and have a wonderful weekend 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

This slot is for sata, I can’t use this slot for Input M.2 SSD directly. 

Should I need buy the adapter for change slot?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@MingLui

Thanks for the response.

It looks like you were interacting with @KrazyToad, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Barachiel & I'm at your service.

I went through the user guide suggested by @KrazyToad, and I see that, it is for the m.2 solid state drives on page 65 and 66.

Regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.