Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Northwood2 Top Student
Top Student
2 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

(Pavilion 590) HDD installation and card reader speed questions

Pavilion 590
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm almost ready to purchase either a 590-p0533ng or 590-p0501ng system (Ryzen 3 with SSD but no HDD) but would like to ask two question beforehand that I'm having difficulties finding an answer to.

Since the systems come without an HDD, according to the upgrade guide there should be 2 empty 3.5" bays for internal hard drives that I can use right? The board diagram shows 3 SATA connectors, so there should be 2 free ones ready to use with the HDDs I assume. Are the power cables for the additional drives already in place? I probably have to supply the SATA data cables myself right?

Finally, I couldn't find out if the SD card reader is connected via USB 2.0 or 3.1.

Thank you very much for your help! Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all!

1 REPLY
Northwood2 Top Student
Top Student
2 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

(Pavilion 590) HDD installation and card reader speed questions

In case someone found this thread via Google - my HDD questions have already been answered in the German forum by an owner of a 590-p0501ng (https://h30492.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware/Pavilion-590-p0501ng-Upgrade-mit-SATA-Harddisk/td-p/5...).

There are 2 free 3.5" bays and 2 SATA power connectors are already in place. There are also 2 free SATA connectors on the mainboard as well, so the installation of 2 full size HDDs is indeed easily possible - only the screws and SATA data cables aren't supplied by HP.

Now, the owner of the PC only installed 1 3.5" HDD but the bay for a second one should certainly be there as well because its being displayed in the upgrade manual.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation