Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 590-P0007c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I had a power outage for few seconds. After which, when I tried to power up my DT, it did not boot up. I opened the side and front panel to check.  while opening my desktop, Looks like I have damaged the power button board connector pin. Pic below. 
When I put the connector and now press the power button, the DT does not boot up. 
1. Not sure if my power supply unit is the problem, or

2. my power button board is the issue. 
Thanks for your help.

Sundeep

1EEE1C76-949B-4113-B27D-364867EC2EDB.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So if I remember correctly
i found the reference by looking first with what can be seen in your photo, ok?
then, I looked at different sites, and this reference appears, but if I was careful it would be the whole cable plus the card ..

Oddly enough, or not, I found the same thing at dell, whether with the reference found, or the one shown in the photo.

I also found an answer here, for another model when searching with google

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-795-0050-Power-Switch-b...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

hi

I do not guarantee anything but tried this research

Seek advice from resellers if possible

googlethat=hpPN E145483 

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks very much and I look at ebay and other store sites for ordering this Power Button board. 

Any suggestion on how to check if my Power Supply Unit is working, since I cannot use the Power button to test. Just trying to ensure the issue is the circuit board and no the Power Unit to start with.

Thanks

Sundeep

HP Recommended

we should be able to try directly from the motherboard, but we should know how, but it's something I've never done
And we don't have the documents we need here
Having said that, you indicated that you had problems before opening and damaging the connector, so you probably have a problem with the power supply or the motherboard?
What exactly happened on startup, nothing at all, no signs, no fan on, nothing?

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

After the Power outage, I pressed the 'Power' button on the desktop to start and it did not start. 

Background:

Last year when I had to add secondary HD, I did not realize the way Power button was connected with the rest of the unit. During this, I had to force the connector into the pin and get it working.

Last week, after the power outage, I tried to restart and nothing would start, no sound, no fan, nothing. I opened the unit to check (carefully) removing the connected to the Power button board. When I tried to put the unit back, I damaged the Pin on the board. So not sure if it is Power Supply that went bad first and then the Power Button Board (due to me) or it is just the Power Button Board.

HP Recommended

If you ordered the part, it would be better to wait and test with
Either the motherboard is already out of order, or some other component, in which case it might not change much.
But if you try something, and you make a mistake, you risk damaging the computer.
I hope for you that this is not what I think HS Motherboard

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Promethee,

Just curious on how you found the P/N for this Power Button Board? I could only see the EC101EC103. Thanks.

HP Recommended

So if I remember correctly
i found the reference by looking first with what can be seen in your photo, ok?
then, I looked at different sites, and this reference appears, but if I was careful it would be the whole cable plus the card ..

Oddly enough, or not, I found the same thing at dell, whether with the reference found, or the one shown in the photo.

I also found an answer here, for another model when searching with google

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-795-0050-Power-Switch-b...

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thanks very much for your help. I received the Power Button board and connector today and was able to replace it. That worked and the D/T is working fine.

Thanks very much. 

HP Recommended

😉

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.