Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 590-p0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Pavilion 590-p0024 Desktop PC. It came with 1 RAM of 8 GB. It has 2 slots.

Its specs are - Speed: PC4-21300 MB/s; Type (DDR4 SDRAM): DDR4-2666

I want to upgrade to the max of 32 GB; so 2 cards of 16 GB each.

However, when crucial suggests an upgrade based on my computer model, it shows #CT2K16G4DFD824A (PC4-19200, DDR4-2400).

While doing a manual search, I found #CT2K16G4DFD8266 (PC4-21300, DDR4-2666).

This is the exact same as my current 8 GB, so why wouldn’t this be the best upgrade? Is it because it is CL=19 and the recommended one is CL=17? So, does the latency speed of 17 make up for the lower memory speed of 19200/2400?

And since the one I found has a lower latency speed of 19 with higher memory speed of 21300/2666, does this mean that they are pretty much equal in performance?

I've read that latency has a pretty average rate nowadays, and that memory speed is the better factor of the two. So, I'm welcome to any input anyone has to offer.

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@bsinatra24
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance, however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

First, I find it amusing that your profile title is "HP Support Agent" and your post signature is "I am an HP Employee".

Why? because you obviously have never read any HP products' spec pages; this topic being available on HP's support website for "HP Customer Support - Knowledge Base":

The company itself provides information regarding hardware upgrades for its own products. Manufacturers' warranties are typically 1 year from date of purchase. So, your regurgitated, text-book response regarding that is irrelevant.
If you were indeed an HP employee, then your concern for customer support/assistance/satisfaction should have made you do a little research, and provide consumers with the best information available regarding the company's products. Instead, you just throw your garbage-response out as one-and-done.
How do you still have a job? If you actually do.
('drops the mic')
HP Recommended

@bsinatra24

Thank you for posting back. 

To get the answer to this question, with the standard one-year limited warranty, you will be covered for repair or replacement of parts deemed defective. HP does not support parts which are not tested HP the manicure however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.