Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! Have a brand new Pavillion desktop all in one. Power light is on, engine is whirring but screen is blank (not coming on, as opposed to black). Cortona spoke to me the first time I tried to switch it on but hasn’t bothered since. Keyboard light is on. Mouse back light isn’t on all the time but maybe that’s normal (and wouldn’t affect the monitor anyway?). Curry’s support are stumped. Done the restart, Bios etc. HP virtual bots now telling me to take the back off it. That’s beyond my capabilities. Questions:

- there is no WiFi usb adaptor, does it need one for monitor to work? Curry’s seem to think not.

- would a dodgy mouse stop the screen coming on?

- have I done something to the weird osd button at the back and does that do anything that might help me? I’ve pressed it every which way. 
I think it may be something obvious that I’ve missed. My technical prowess knows no bounds.

any advice gratefully received. Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Moog100 -- if it really is a brand-new computer, take it back to where you bought it, and exchange it for an identical one., or get a complete refund.

There is no reason for you to need to trouble-shoot a brand-new computer (or any other household appliance or automobile).

If you disconnect the mouse -- if it has a battery, remove it -- and then try to start the computer, are the symptoms exactly the same?  If so, then the mouse is not the problem.

Any All-In-One uses internal wiring, not WiFi, to connect from the motherboard to the display.  Curry's should KNOW that, not just "seem" to say anything.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.