Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p2 1049 PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

image.jpg

 hello I need a new vga cable to my old computer, but it seems one side is thicker than the other, and I can’t find another cable exactly like this? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

The problem is that you unscrewed the screws that should not have come out of the back of the video card.

You need to unscrew those from the cable, and then you will see the cable is no different from any other.

Hold the metal screws firmly.  You may need a needle nose plier for that, and then turn the blue thumbscrew until you release the video card screws from the cable.

Screw the metal screws back into the video card.  I would use a pliers or small socket wrench that fits the hex nut and securely fasten them to the graphics card.

This is what the end of your video cable should look like after you remove the video card screws from it.

Happens all the time.

See the source image

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.