Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion p6404y
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have 4 slots for ram on my board and i had only been using one of them with one stick of 2gb ram. Now i have 3 more sticks of 2gb Rams but when i put any of them or all of them the system wont display anything..

The system seems like its booting, the fan starts, the lights turns on, there are no beeps but the display wont show and as i pull out my new rams it boots up like a charm.

Additional info:

I got these ram from a friend (they r not new).

I have a gpu installed, evga geforce gt 730.

Old ram: elpida 2gb 2Rx8 pc3-10600U-9-10-B0

New rams: two sticks of MT9KSF25672AZ-1G4D1ZE

2GB 1RX8 PC3L-10600E-9-11-D0

And one stick of MT8JTF25664AZ-1G4D1

2GB 1RX8 PC3-10600U-9-10-A0.

PLEASE HELP!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The MT9KSF25672AZ-1G4D1ZE memory is MICRON 2GB PC3L-10600E DDR3-1333 UNBUFFERED ECC 1RX8 CL9 240 PIN 1.35V LOW VOLTAGE MEMORY MODULE

Here is the support page for your PC

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-p6400-desktop-pc-series/4166044/model/4176296/docum...

It states the memory it supports is:PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)  Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered.  Therefor those memory sticks are not supported.

The remaining stick - MT8JTF25664AZ-1G4D1  which may appear to be close, it is a different setup, also.  It has always been advised to match memory in pairs if they are expected to work properly.  Some motherboards are picky about that.  I think that might be the problem here.  If it will not boot properly with just that one stick, then I think you have proved that the motherboard does not support that one either..

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The MT9KSF25672AZ-1G4D1ZE memory is MICRON 2GB PC3L-10600E DDR3-1333 UNBUFFERED ECC 1RX8 CL9 240 PIN 1.35V LOW VOLTAGE MEMORY MODULE

Here is the support page for your PC

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-p6400-desktop-pc-series/4166044/model/4176296/docum...

It states the memory it supports is:PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)  Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered.  Therefor those memory sticks are not supported.

The remaining stick - MT8JTF25664AZ-1G4D1  which may appear to be close, it is a different setup, also.  It has always been advised to match memory in pairs if they are expected to work properly.  Some motherboards are picky about that.  I think that might be the problem here.  If it will not boot properly with just that one stick, then I think you have proved that the motherboard does not support that one either..

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

I saw the product support page you attached and it seems that that the motherboard it shows is different from mine. My mobo doesn't have the white slot near the gpu slot and my board also have a wan card in it. Is it possible that my motherboard is different and it may support these ram with some tweaking after all?

HP Recommended

I suppose it is possible that a different motherboard has been installed.  Check the motherboard itself for information as to what it might be.  The picture shows "M2N78-LA " in the middle.  Does the one in there say that?  There is also a white sticker near that name.  Please post that information with the reply, too.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I see it was just as u said the rams weren't supported.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.