Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pinout for Odense2-K USB 3.0 port?

HP 580-027c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently migrated the internal components of my HP 580-027c to a new case in order to fix a ventilation problem the machine was suffering from. While the move itself was mostly seamless, I have noticed that the two USB ports on the top of the new case - a Raidmax Magnus model - are currently inoperable, despite the plug fitting correctly, and only fitting in one direction.

I had discussed the subject with some people on the Build-A-PC subreddit discord, and I was told that the Odense2-K has a special USB 3.0 pin arrangement that is different from the standard, and this is the reason why I am unable to use these two USB ports. As I would like to avoid purchasing a new motherboard to rectify the issue, I was wondering if anyone could provide me with a diagram showing which pins are where so that I can fabricate an adapter for the pins and restore functionality to the USB ports.

Alternately, if there is an adapter that is readily available for purchase, I am also willing to take that route provided it is not too expensive.

Thank you in advance for your time and advice.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation