Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen x 900 pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

So around last week, the lighting on the outside edges on the front of my omen x 900 pc case stopped working. I  messaged customer support for about an hour and the customer support person took control over my pc and did what they could with the software and told me that I would need to send it to the warranty repair center. I specifically asked if I can keep the parts in my pc and send the case only because I only bought the Omen x pc case and bought the other parts (mobo, gpu, psu) separately and I needed to transfer the parts to another pc case so that I can continue with school. The customer support person said it was ok for me to just send the pc case by itself(I even asked him twice). I sent the PC to the repair center almost 9 days ago (using the 1 day express shipment labels I was provided with) and the case manager finally called me and told me that they couldn't fix the lighting because the pc components weren't in the case even though I was told that it would not be required because the problem is the lighting panel on the pc case itself and not the inside components. Because I already did my research throughout the forum, I knew that all they needed to do to fix the problem is to replace the front led panel, but they keep telling me that they are going to send the pc to me unrepaired because I only sent the case by itself. Literally, all they need to do is get a spare led lighting panel and replace my broken one, but apparently, the people at the repair center aren't trained to replace a plastic led board and reconnect the one power cable that is attached to the plastic led board. Like I'm literally giving them the directions on how to fix this issue, but all they want to do is to send it to me unrepaired without even trying anything.  I even asked them to send me a replacement led panel so that I can fix it myself and they won't do that either, even though the replacement led panel is a maximum of 90 dollars and only a fraction of the money that they spend for the 1 day express shipping labels...

IMG-5180.jpg

I got another call today and was told that I would need to take the pc case to a hp repair center myself and then I would get the reimbursement for the fixing of the pc case later on. I honestly don't even have the money to take it and get it fixed right now and I am so frustrated as to why they can't just send me a replacement led board or just replace it themselves with the parts that they have. The case manager person that I am talking to right now keeps telling me that he is my "advocate" but literally gives me options that are currently impossible for me. I honestly do not understand why they blame me for not including the components inside the pc after they told me that I can send only the pc case by itself. I also do not understand why they cannot replace a simple light-up led panel that can be simply replaced by reconnecting a single power cable to a new panel. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME, I am doing everything I can to make the case manager understand what needs to be done but he just keeps telling me that he is going to send my pc unrepaired and then gives me options that are out of my reach. 

Edit: I forgot to mention that my case manager doesn't even respond to my emails when I email him with possible solutions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@HalibutButt, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand your concern. Let me escalate this issue to the concerned team.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@HalibutButt, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand your concern. Let me escalate this issue to the concerned team.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.