Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP595-p0084
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to know which plug and play video cards would be usable within the system without having to upgrade the power supply.  Every card I look at appears to need more power than what the system came with 

Currently running an Nvidia GeForce PCI 730 video card
need something with a bit more power to it without the hassle of upgrading the power unit in the unit.

HELP!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Thhynes25,

The stock configuration of the HP 595 p0084 did not include the GT 730 (50W) card.

1) HP utilizes a proprietary designed PSU. That means it has unique power plugs.   It is not an off the shelf ATX.

2) I would not normally suggest a GPU card without knowing your needs, but the GT 1030 with DDR5 RAM is only 30W, and its specifications against your existing GT 730 is better.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

The requirements seem to be for an nvidea GTX 970 or better
but my biggest concern is that the car will need more power than what is installed on the PC  
I don't want to spend the money only to find out that the card won't fit or if it does plug it in and it can't run the card because of the power.

HP Recommended

The requirements seem to be for an nvidea GTX 970 or better
but my biggest concern is that the car will need more power than what is installed on the PC  
I don't want to spend the money only to find out that the card won't fit or if it does plug it in and it can't run the card because of the power.

HP Recommended

Are there power upgrades available ?

HP Recommended

@Thhynes25,

The HP proprietary designed PSU that meets your needs is the 400W model. There are now 3 model numbers, the L04618-800, L69242-800 (80+), and 942332-001.  You  can price them, or go to HP direct .

The GTX 970 is an old card. The new equivalent is the GTX 1070.  Both are the same 145-150W, but the GTX 1070 is better.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

You said 

GTX 1070.  Both are the same 145-150W,

So does that mean I can install this in my system and have it work with only a 180-watt power supply within the tower?
I can't afford a new computer at this time, 

HP Recommended

@Thhynes25 

You need a new power supply, a 400W HP designed PSU. 180W PSU will only support a card up to 50W safely.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

So the answer is NO

And the Answer to the question can the Power unit be replaced, per HP :   NO

And I don't have the funds to purchase another computer.

so as they say I am OUT of LUCK.

thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.