Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen 880-p1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My ssd is too small (250) and I have a 500 replacement but I can't see where the original has been installed. It is not with the installed 2GB hard drive which is the logical place. Help!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
while waiting for the return of @old_geekster 

OMEN by HP 880-112na Desktop PC Product Specifications
You have an m2 type disk and a 2tb hard disk normally
You can try to make space by moving data on the 2to
If you already have the SSD if it is a sata, you can install it ..
Create a partition and a games folder, install some of the games here, it may not be as fast, not possible for some programs, but rather than buying another M2?

Hard Drive/Solid-State Drive Replacement Instructions

it seems to me that there is no instruction for m2

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-880-100-desktop-pc-series/18695893/model/20486490/ma...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@coalimp , welcome to the Community.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thanks for you speedy reply. Product number 2XB55EA#ABU.

In my learning curve I now understand I do not have a standard SSD as I know it and it is located under my graphics card. MY problem is I need more fast memory as my hynix card is now 90% full. My flight sim is the culprit us in excess of 100 Gb. How do i expand my system. Your advice will be invulnerable.

HP Recommended

Hello
while waiting for the return of @old_geekster 

OMEN by HP 880-112na Desktop PC Product Specifications
You have an m2 type disk and a 2tb hard disk normally
You can try to make space by moving data on the 2to
If you already have the SSD if it is a sata, you can install it ..
Create a partition and a games folder, install some of the games here, it may not be as fast, not possible for some programs, but rather than buying another M2?

Hard Drive/Solid-State Drive Replacement Instructions

it seems to me that there is no instruction for m2

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-880-100-desktop-pc-series/18695893/model/20486490/ma...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@coalimp, here is the Motherboard Specifications page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-880-100-desktop-pc-series/18695893/document/c0617728...

You can see the actual location of the M.2 socket on the right-facing side of the board.

Thank you, @Prométhée!!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.