Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0020 Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am looking for a power supply upgrade for this computer.  Currently it has the stock 180W PSU.  Is there a more powerful PSU that can be used on this computer that will allow me to install upgrade components, add an additional hard drive, graphics card, etc.?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@r3c0n,

Those models use a unique NON-Standard PSU.  HP does make a 310W for that case, but your still limited to 75W graphic cards. It does not have an ATX 20/24 header on the motherboard.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended
My apologies. I asked the question badly. But, thank you for the response. I need to know how to get one of the 320w PSU. I am sure this is proprietary part. What is the part number? And, how do I get one?
HP Recommended

@r3c0n,

The 310W PSU part number can be found here.  Good luck.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended
Sorry the long silence. Family emergencies. Think I figured out which one is correct... But I can't seem to figure out how to order it.
HP Recommended

@r3c0n,

From the HP parts Store

310W L03980-800

400W L04618-800

500W L05757-800

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

This is quite an old thread which does have some conflicting information.

@wb2001 

Nether of those PSU units is in the HP PartSurfer list as being compatible

http://partsurfer.hp.com/WSearch.aspx?Wchar=Y&searchText=Pavilion+590-p0056

L04618-800

L05757-800

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.