Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 550-153w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So the power supply on my system just went out for no reason but I’m looking to upgrade. It has a 180w power supply in it but I don’t know which power supply to go with. Can someone please tell me the best upgrade for this pc. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ibot213

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

After reading your post, I did go through the  Product specifications of your product and found that you have "Power Supply - Crasto-S, 180W, ATX, Regular"

Here is the part no: 759049-001 and you go for same 180W power adapter ( which is recommend)  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I understand and I have already found the stock power supply but I’m trying to look for an upgrade since I have no warranty to void. I also want to put a graphics card in the future. So I’m looking for an upgrade with more watts. 

HP Recommended

@Ibot213

Thank you for posting back. 

It's not about the warranty being voided, but the way the device is designed, as per HP standards it's designed to work at its optimal performance, however, if you wish to upgrade at your own discretion: update to a PSU that the GPU requires.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.