Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Power supply upgrade

HP 550-153w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So the power supply on my system just went out for no reason but I’m looking to upgrade. It has a 180w power supply in it but I don’t know which power supply to go with. Can someone please tell me the best upgrade for this pc. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
8,511 8,360 310 382
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Power supply upgrade

@Ibot213

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

After reading your post, I did go through the  Product specifications of your product and found that you have "Power Supply - Crasto-S, 180W, ATX, Regular"

Here is the part no: 759049-001 and you go for same 180W power adapter ( which is recommend)  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Ibot213 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Power supply upgrade

I understand and I have already found the stock power supply but I’m trying to look for an upgrade since I have no warranty to void. I also want to put a graphics card in the future. So I’m looking for an upgrade with more watts. 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
8,511 8,360 310 382
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Power supply upgrade

@Ibot213

Thank you for posting back. 

It's not about the warranty being voided, but the way the device is designed, as per HP standards it's designed to work at its optimal performance, however, if you wish to upgrade at your own discretion: update to a PSU that the GPU requires.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation