cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
EricG78
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Power supply upgrade

HP Recommended

Hi all !

Does please anybody know if a L05757-800 (500W) fits a Baker Motherboard ?

I've haunted forums, websites,etc.. and nothing clear. Up to me, what remain unknown is why there is different cables connected to this damned 7 pin PWRCMD connector 😉

I suppose it won't deserve it but want to be sure.

One more question : as it looks a 500W is enough for a RTX3070, it'll work for a RTX2060 ?

My setup : i5-10400F, 8GB RAM, SSD 128, Hard 1To, nothing else connected.

Eric (France)

4 REPLIES 4
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,585 9,228 2,958 11,320
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@EricG78 

I believe that the L05757-855 will be compatible with the Baker motherboard.  However, I recommend that you contact HP Customer Support for further verification.  As for the 7-pin PWRCMD connector, I can't help you.  Unfortunately, the Expert who compiled the information in the Chart is no longer with us.

All of the 3070's that I checked require at minimum of 550W to operate properly.  It would be unlikely that the 500W PSU would be enough.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
EricG78
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@old_geekster

OK thank you very much, i'll check ith HP but it's a bit long to obtain a response here in France. I've been waiting for 10 days now...

old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,585 9,228 2,958 11,320
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@EricG78 

You are welcome!  I have asked someone within HP to see if they can help you.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
EricG78
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok tks ! Just keep me in touch if they respond ! One again, thanks for your help 🙂

I've someone HP on phone yesterday, wel.... how to say.... no comment 😞

The good news, at that time i've change my GTX1650 single fan OEM 4 Gb by a PNY GTX 1060 XLR8 OC 6Gb, looks to works on W10 but i've not tried yet to use on more consumming games...

Sounds just at a very low level, even at 100%.... but not really disturbing.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation