Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 110-213ea
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am helping my rfriend upgrade His PC with an RX 550 4gb, a 240GB ssd and an i5 2500s but on HP's website it says the power supply is an external 90w which doesn't make sense as there is a PSU in the case and 90w isn't enough for the default specs which are a pentium 2030t, 8gb ddr3 ram and a HDD but there is a card reader and disk drive which wouldn't have enough power, does anyone know what the actual wattage is, we only need a 250w PSU to upgrade 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello
Sorry, there is no such information available to us
It is often indicated external while it is good internally, but the power is correct.
You should have this information directly on the power supply box!
As for the processor you can forget!

Processor upgrade information

• TDP: Varies by processor
  • Socket type: LGA115X IL with cover
  • Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
    Processor
    TDP
    Intel Celeron G550T (Sandy Bridge) Dual Core
    up to 35 W
    Intel Celeron G1610T (Ivy Bridge) Dual Core
    up to 35 W
    Intel Celeron G1620T (Ivy Bridge) Dual Core
    up to 35 W
    Intel Pentium G2020T (Ivy Bridge) Dual Core
    up to 35 W
    Intel Pentium G2030T (Ivy Bridge) Dual Core
    up to 35 W
    Intel Pentium G2100T (Ivy Bridge) Dual Core
    up to 35 W
    Intel Pentium G3220T (Ivy Bridge) Dual Core
    up to 35 W
    Intel Core i3-3220T (Ivy Bridge) Dual Core
    up to 35 W
    Intel Core i3-3240T (Ivy Bridge) Dual Core
    up to 35 W

For the SSD, there is no additional slot that we can see, so it will either be necessary to tweak to place it, or to condemn another drive

You will also find that for the graphics card, it is impossible
This computer, is not made to play, and is very little upgradeable
A piece of advice, invest in a more recent and upgradeable computer!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Joshbob123,

Sorry this happened to you. Back in 2016 the 250, 251, 500, and 550 series had this issue. Some models had internal, some had external brick PSU.   The only was to resolve this is:  get the model number of the PSU (on the label), and also find the motherboard name and number imprinted on the board. I will forward this to a source.

This the the motherboard that is supposedly in the HP 110-213ea, called the IPM6-TB ( Tenby-U), and HP PartSurfer shows the board number.

wb2001_0-1599349331276.png

It does not have an internal PSU 20/24 MAIN ATX.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Indeed @wb2001 
but as i indicated it is not possible to install a video card
the indicated processor cannot be installed
At best, replacing the hard drive with a classic SATA SSD could improve the functioning of windows, the startup!
But it is useless to break head in this case, to replace the power supply, it has no interest for the operation

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Prométhée 

What I was attempting to do was simple:

Get the OP to send a picture of the motherboard to contradict my uploaded picture.  I had already sent this link to the IC for Bill to reply. Something is very strange with this HP 110.  The OP states it has an internal PSU and mentioned a GPU card.  Neither is supported by the motherboard documented to be in that unit.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hello

@wb2001 
" The OP states it has an internal PSU and mentioned a GPU card."
for the power supply,

I know that some computers were indicated with an external power supply, but that it was an internal
But I saw videos, of the same series, or it is external, strange !!

"I am helping my rfriend upgrade His PC with an RX 550 4gb, "
But for the card he doesn't mention having one, he wanted to install one, right? But indeed no pci port here!
The day we will have error-free and complete documents, it will be great !!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

@Prométhée,

Ever get that feeling "we" are talking and no one is "listening". 

@Joshbob123,

Please send that picture of the motherboard.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

oh too often !!

@Joshbob123  Maybe you are busy ??
We try to help you, in exchange, it would be nice to confirm and respond to @wb2001  request
Do you have an internal power supply or not?
Can you try taking pictures of the motherboard, and the power supply, to share them with us, it might help other users !!
thanks in advance

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.