Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion All in one 24.b017C
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

My preinstalled camera is gone.  I have tried to update drivers but that didnt work.  My camera and drivers are also in "show hidden devices"

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Jeanette1060,

I reviewed your post and I understand that the webcam is not working on your computer.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Press Win+I (Windows key and I key) at the same time to open Settings Window.
  2. Click Privacy.
  3. Click Camera in left pane. If it is off, turn it on. 

If you continue facing the issue, then follow the below steps.

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

2. If there is no Imaging devices category listed, select Action, then Scan for hardware changes.

Image: Scan for hardware changes

3. If Device Manager does not recognize the webcam after the scan, use Microsoft System Restore to go back to a time when the webcam was working properly.

Follow the steps in the below article to perform a system restore.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Im so sorry but all of those suggestions did not work:((  Help, I need the camera for doing telehealth therapy:(((

HP Recommended

When I open device manager I have to click on "dislpay hidden devices"  then when I open the camera which is grey the comment says "

""Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.""

So I dont know how to connect the hardware not the updated drivers... updating the drivers says they are all updated:(((

HP Recommended

@Jeanette1060,

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03430151

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others and please give the same public post a Kudos for my efforts to help.
Take care and have a blessed week ahead.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.