Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion Gaming Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey everyone. So straight to the point, I just bought a brand new HP Pavillion Gaming Desktop and everything has gone fine except for an issue with the SD Storage Class Controller in Device Manager. The system is now completely up to date both via Windows Update and through the HP Support Assistant - all updates downloaded and installed. Problem is still there and it will not read my SD cards. I know they're all working fine as I have used them with my HP laptop that has a card reader in it too.

Anyone that can help with this, would be much appreciated

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Daver1980

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• Make sure the card reader specifically supports the SDXC format. You can access the SDXC card by using an SDXC compatible USB reader or adapter. Look for an SDXC logo on the device or check with the device manufacturer for information.

Card reader drivers can become corrupted or stop functioning correctly, and new drivers and firmware are occasionally released to address issues. New firmware for your memory card reader might be available to resolve the particular issue you are having.

• To be sure you are using the latest driver and firmware, periodically check for updates. Go to the HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads page to see if an update is available. If a Let's identify your product to get started page displays, select your computer type, type the model name of your computer, and then click Submit. The product support page opens.
  • If an update is available, download and install the update according to the instructions on the download page. For more information about downloading software and drivers, see Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers.
  • NOTE: If you are using an adapter for a type of memory card not supported by the reader and the memory card does not work, contact the manufacturer of the adapter for support.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.