cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
10 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Putting a 710 gt into a DC7900 usdt for a laugh

HP Recommended

So the total power usage at this system at Max load is around 90 watts and the gt 710 uses about 25 watts. Based on a 135 watt external power brick, why can't I fixed this card into the case with a pcie mini to pci riser?

Discuss, or flame, possibly both.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,473 41,720 4,566 12,063
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No flames. Just discussion makes for a happy forum. :generic:

Sorry to bear bad news, but it won't work because the GeForce GT710 card has a minimum system requirement for a 300 Watt PSU. 

That is published at GeForce.com. Since that requirtement is the reference circuit, the same applies to the manufacturers cards that are sold in the marketplace.

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to locate. the Product number
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
319 315 30 54
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry to disagree with you...Specs from Nvidia are always estimate...

You can check my configuration and see that my Geforce GTX 1060...that is installed in my desktop...works with only 310W power supply...not to mention the Core i7 processor...where Nvidia specs are minimum 400W for it...

Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation