Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

So the total power usage at this system at Max load is around 90 watts and the gt 710 uses about 25 watts. Based on a 135 watt external power brick, why can't I fixed this card into the case with a pcie mini to pci riser?

Discuss, or flame, possibly both.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry to disagree with you...Specs from Nvidia are always estimate...

You can check my configuration and see that my Geforce GTX 1060...that is installed in my desktop...works with only 310W power supply...not to mention the Core i7 processor...where Nvidia specs are minimum 400W for it...

Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

No flames. Just discussion makes for a happy forum. :generic:

Sorry to bear bad news, but it won't work because the GeForce GT710 card has a minimum system requirement for a 300 Watt PSU. 

That is published at GeForce.com. Since that requirtement is the reference circuit, the same applies to the manufacturers cards that are sold in the marketplace.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Sorry to disagree with you...Specs from Nvidia are always estimate...

You can check my configuration and see that my Geforce GTX 1060...that is installed in my desktop...works with only 310W power supply...not to mention the Core i7 processor...where Nvidia specs are minimum 400W for it...

Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.