Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
P7-1120
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I purchased a "VisionTek Radeon RX 560 4GB GDDR5" graphic card and find out it is not compatible with my BIOS.

Could anyone suggest a GPU which is compatible with this Motherboard and BIOS if I need to use it with 4 monitors?

Thank you,

Oleg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
the power supply may be a problem

Form factor: Internal ATX
Total wattage: 300W

You would have to look for old models, difficult to find, if not occasionally, with the risk that this entails.

For example, you have this type of card (sorry in French)

https://www.materiel.net/produit/201301300125.html

GTX 680 Asus

For the first time, you will be able to play on several screens with your graphics card while taking advantage of NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround and NVIDIA PhysX technologies for total immersion! This GTX 680 lets you play on 3 screens and have a fourth auxiliary screen for your emails, instant chats or simply surfing the internet! These new GeForce GTX 680s are equipped with 4 video outputs (HDMI, DisplayPort, and 2 DVI ports).
indicated for 4 possible screens, I have not checked the required power supply, also see the possible dimensions for your box
Otherwise, the best would be to see on the downside, what exactly to use
but two (or three) large format screens, this may be sufficient

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@oleg9999 

It is a 10 years old machine, its specs

https://support.hp.com/za-en/document/c03012519

And its BIOS is only a 9 years old 7.16 Rev. A. I can't see any video card which supports BIOS version 7.16 Rev. A for 4 monitors.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Banhein

Thank you for the quick respond. I know it is an old system, but was hoping avoid buying a new desktop at this moment.

What solution could be suggested? For example, could i install a GPU with DP and add a 1 to 4 adapter? Would my system support it?

Could you recommend anything else?

HP Recommended

Hello
the power supply may be a problem

Form factor: Internal ATX
Total wattage: 300W

You would have to look for old models, difficult to find, if not occasionally, with the risk that this entails.

For example, you have this type of card (sorry in French)

https://www.materiel.net/produit/201301300125.html

GTX 680 Asus

For the first time, you will be able to play on several screens with your graphics card while taking advantage of NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround and NVIDIA PhysX technologies for total immersion! This GTX 680 lets you play on 3 screens and have a fourth auxiliary screen for your emails, instant chats or simply surfing the internet! These new GeForce GTX 680s are equipped with 4 video outputs (HDMI, DisplayPort, and 2 DVI ports).
indicated for 4 possible screens, I have not checked the required power supply, also see the possible dimensions for your box
Otherwise, the best would be to see on the downside, what exactly to use
but two (or three) large format screens, this may be sufficient

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.