Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-bc000nq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a question regarding HW upgrade on HP Pavilion 15-bc000nq, product number F5B43EA#AKE, which seems to work slow (and producing significant heat ~47Celsius without loading) with its original configuration so I would like to try some RAM upgrade or to add a M.2Sata SSD (currenct config: Win10, CPU: i5 6300HQ, RAM: 4GB DDR4, HDD HGST HTS721010A9E630).

As far I can see this laptop has no maintenace hatch so I need to remove the bottom part of the case by unscrewing a lot of screws.

Can you please let me know if this can be done at home without voiding the waranty?

Thank you,

Silviu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@silviu1 wrote:
....Can you please let me know if this can be done at home without voiding the waranty?

Hi,

Firstly those works are for  HP authorized service providers that implies this would void warranty if anything went wrong when you DIY  (do it yourself).

authorized.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@silviu1 wrote:
....Can you please let me know if this can be done at home without voiding the waranty?

Hi,

Firstly those works are for  HP authorized service providers that implies this would void warranty if anything went wrong when you DIY  (do it yourself).

authorized.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

Can you please let me know what is the normal CPU temperature range of this model?

The numeric keyboard is almost always warm even when I'm playing a low resolution movie and CPU temp measured with CPUID shows around 50 degree Celsius which I think is a little bit too much.

Thank you,

Silviu

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.