3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

RAM Slot Issue

110-321sx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP desktop pc 110-321sx with 8 GB ram installed as 2 RAM modules of 4GB each. Recently my 1 RAM slot stop working, when i start my PC it does not boot until i remove RAM module from that slot. I check my both modules in the other slot and even in other pc and they are working fine. Both RAM slots are showing in system information but only one is working in actual.

4 REPLIES 4
Hibb1
Level 6
287 285 25 54
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

RAM Slot Issue

Have you been mucking around with the processor? I've seen once before where the processor socket pins were damaged and the system thereafter would only accept 1 x RAM module.

Otherwise, perhaps that slot has failed. Your only option aside from changing the mainboard would be to get 1 x 8GB module.

Asgharm86
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

RAM Slot Issue

Yesss!! processor pins were damaged long ago but RAM was working fine since yesterday when I open the case and clean the system with air blower. I just open the processor now and found that the pins are still damage looks like they are touching each other. Is there any solution of damaged pins?

When I start the system after putting both RAMS it is turn on without display and restart after 10 seconds.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hibb1
Level 6
287 285 25 54
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

RAM Slot Issue

You could *try* removing the mainboard, putting it under a magnifier light and using a very fine pointed tool, tease the pin(s) back into place. I've never done it. I've only seen it once and replaced the mainboard.

But be careful if you do attempt it as you may damage it further.

To be honest, I'd just buy an 8GB PC3L-12800U module off eBay and use that in the one & only working slot. It's guaranteed to work, and it's a pretty cheap work around.

Asgharm86
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

RAM Slot Issue

thanks dear, I will buy the RAM module you suggest rather than try to play with pins as I am not a technician.

Thanks for reaching out for help, highly appreciated 🙂

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation