Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP AI1 200-5220
Ubuntu LTS

I replaced the RAM (1G) with Kingston KVR16LS11/4 but doesn't work.  Don't know why.  What 4GB RAM will work?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@jrjohn2 , welcome to the forum.

I am inclined to suspect the age of your computer has something to do with the memory not working.  According to the information that I could find on it the release date was 2010.  This means that you are attempting to install new technology into and old computer.  HP no longer provides information on your model.

I suggest that you contact Kingston to see if they can help you solve your problem.  They are the experts on their products.  They may have some memory that will work with your motherboard.  It could be a problem with the memory not being compatible with Linux.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.