Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN Obelisk 875-0075na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have Ryzen 7 3700X and my motherboard is a Moria 2 (B450) and it states that (upto ?) DDR4 2666MHz Ram is supported and I have 16GB of that. I am looking to upgrade to 32GB of Ram and I did a Crucial.com scan. This came up with a compatible upgrade of 3200MHz RAM. I cannot be sure if this is supported, can anybody confirm what my RAM speed limit is, please ?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The DDR4-3200 memory would be supported, but it will run at 2666 Mhz.

There is one thing that folks with the gaming PC's note and that is sometimes the aftermarket memory doesn't run at the full MHz speed because you can't change the XMP profile in the BIOS.

For example, the HP memory should be running at 2666 MHz.

But when folks install memory that did not come from HP, it only runs at 2400 MHz and sometimes even 2100 MHz.

See this discussion...

Seriously HP, why?!? Its a simple memory upgrade. - HP Support Community - 7722210

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The DDR4-3200 memory would be supported, but it will run at 2666 Mhz.

There is one thing that folks with the gaming PC's note and that is sometimes the aftermarket memory doesn't run at the full MHz speed because you can't change the XMP profile in the BIOS.

For example, the HP memory should be running at 2666 MHz.

But when folks install memory that did not come from HP, it only runs at 2400 MHz and sometimes even 2100 MHz.

See this discussion...

Seriously HP, why?!? Its a simple memory upgrade. - HP Support Community - 7722210

HP Recommended

Thank you for the speedy response, that is an excellent and clear answer.

Have a great Christmas.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Merry Christmas to you too!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.