Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Compaq 8200 Elite CMT PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Motherboard: 1494
BIOS: J01 v02.28
PSU: 500w

I am planning to buy a Radeon RX 570 4gb, or 8gb, but I'm worried that it might not work with my system because of an incompatibility or something.

Recently, I tried putting a gpu, specifically "HIS HD 4670 IceQ 1GB (128bit) DDR3 PCIe" which is a very old card and it works perfectly. Since RX 570 is a somewhat latest gpu, I believe it was first released on the year 2017. Will the Radeon RX 570 work with my system? If not, what can be the alternative that would work with my system?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@J0hnRa3,

You can read this discussion (the adapter PSU in no longer available) commented by  @Paul_Tikkanen 

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hi, @J0hnRa3 

I have two HP 8200 Elite CMT's running W10 Pro v2004, also with BIOS rev 02.28.

As you may or may not be aware, the 8200 Elite was the first HP business desktop PC that came with a UEFI BIOS.

I have a Nvidia GT 1030 running on one of them, and a GT 730 running in the other one.

The GT 1030 was released to market in May of 2017.

The Radeon RX 570 was released to market in April of 2017, so they are about the same age.

I can only report what video cards worked in my PC's, not that the RX 570 will work in yours.

HP Recommended

It’s been a while but I still haven’t stumbled upon a discussion that verifies if RX 570 will work on the same system as mine. This time, my mobo BIOS is now at J01 v02.33

I did not risk to buy the RX 570 so I went with a slightly lower gpu, specifically the “Gigabyte Radeon RX 470 G1 4GB”. The RX 400 series worked on my system without any problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.