Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6255d
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, i am using HP Pavilion p6255d and i want to upgrade the RAM. my current installed ram is PC3-10600 MB/sec(DDR3 - 1066mhz).. here are the compatible ram on my desktop

• PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)
  • PC3-8500 (DDR3-1066)
  • PC3-6400 (DDR3-800)

,someone gave me zeppelin  4gb 1333mhz . but when i remove my current ram and use this zeppelin ram when i open the desktop i keeps beep sound. first 1 beep is short and second is 1 long beep. what should i do?  does my pc can support only 1pc of 4gb ddr3 1333mhz or it only supports 2pcs of 2gb ddr3 133mhz?

because when is use zeppelin 4gb ddr3 1333mhz i still have one left slot for my ram.

Thank you in advance. i hope someone will help me 🙂 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

hi

from product page, originally installed

2 GB
  • Amount: 2 GB
  • Speed: PC3-10600 MB/sec (message as PC3-8500)
  •  
  • Supports DDR3 DIMMs only
  • Dual channel memory architecture
  • Two DDR3 DIMM (240-pin) sockets
  • DIMM types:
    • PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)
    • PC3-8500 (DDR3-1066)
    • PC3-6400 (DDR3-800)
  • Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
  • Supports 2 GB DDR3 DIMMs ⁉️
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 64-bit PCs
  • Maximum memory only if using 2GB DDR3 DIMM modules

so yes it appears to be 2 * 2gb only

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.