cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Benwa35
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Ram For the hp omen 30l

HP Recommended
Omen 30l
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a omen 30l and then I purchased Hyper x DDR4 3200 ram from best buy and it caused all the ram to run at 2400mz. Because Upgrading the ram yourself has been possible for I don't know how long.

So i started to google it. and of course you have to buy from HP directly....the parts system doesn't recognize my pc number. the parts department is never there. 

I started the return process because of fustration.

2 REPLIES 2
itsmyname
Level 9
5,032 4,948 230 644
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you add that stick of RAM to your computer, while keeping the existing stick installed?

Remove the new stick. Does the computer show "2400" or "3200" ?

Remove the old stick, and insert only the new stick. Does the computer show "2400" or "3200" ?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Benwa35
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I added to 2 new 16GB sticks of ram to my omen. It dropped all the ram speed to 2400. That was the 2 it came with and the new ram 4 sticks total. Then I tried removing the 2 the pc came with. The 2 16 gb sticks I bought was still 2400. 
so I removed those reinstalled the ones that came with the omen. 2 8gb sticks. They ran at 3200. 
apparently you have to buy ram from hp. And it 158 dollars for 1 8gb stick. 
the 32gb of the same ram. Hyper x fury rgb ram only cost 200 dollars. But won’t run at full speed on the omen. 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation