Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 750-424
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I Own an HP Envy 750-424. On Hp's website the Specifications show that the max Ram is 16GB. If I look my computer up on websites that sell Ram it says max Ram is 32GB. Can I upgrade to 32GB. 

Also, I want to know if I can upgrade from the 128GB SSD drive that is in the computer to a 1 or 2 Terabyte SSD Drive?IMG_0328.PNGIMG_0329.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

In some cases the listed specs at HP are based on what was tested when the documentation was created and may not have been upgraded. I tend to trust Crucial.com when it comes to upgrades as they test everything and usually warrant it will work if you buy it from them. They show max memory of 32Gb

https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/envy-750-424

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

In some cases the listed specs at HP are based on what was tested when the documentation was created and may not have been upgraded. I tend to trust Crucial.com when it comes to upgrades as they test everything and usually warrant it will work if you buy it from them. They show max memory of 32Gb

https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/envy-750-424

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hello
just for information @Dusty66 

if it' s this one

750-424 PC Product Specifications
Want to upgrade to 32gb ram, but have you already added a graphics card?
16gb of memory is more than enough for most users, if it is not full, it may be very, very little use
On the other hand this computer is indicated without graphics card with integrated intel ..
So add memory if no graphics card is not the best choice

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.