Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 690-0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I recently decided to update my ram and get rid of my old one that I have. So I bought the Corsair Vengeance 32Gb ram (2x16) 3000mhz 288-pin DDR4. Once I installed it I ran my computer and saw I was running all of my ram but it was stuck at a speed of 2133. I've gone into my bios and tried to find solutions and could not find anything. My CPU is a Ryzen 5 2400g, GPU is RX 580, and I think my motherboard is a sunflower 8433. I don't know if this is a ram defect, my motherboard, or something else I don't know about.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Pieguyrobot Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the ram is clocked at 2133mhz, even tough the maximum is 3000mhz

Please perform the below steps on the computer to run a System Test

- Shut down/Turn off the computer

- Once the computer is completely Shut down/Turned off

- Now press the power button once to turn on the computer and immediately start pressing/tapping the F2 key on the keyboard

- This should open the UEFI Diagnostic screen on the computer

- Please select System Test and then select Extensive Test

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

the ram speed of 2133 is a industry standard set by the "JEDEC" standards group

faster speeds are not a official standard, and therefore must use what is called "XMP" profiles

a computer bios must support the XMP setting in order to run ram faster than the std 2133 speed

many OEM computers do not support the "XMP" setting in the bios and therefore can only run the ram at official "JDEC" speeds

HP Recommended

@DGroves

I understand your concerns.

Please perform the BIOS restore and check.

Set BIOS default and restart:

1. Restart your notebook.
  2. During startup, press F10 repeatedly until the BIOS menu is displayed.
  3. Once the BIOS menu is displayed, press F9 to restore factory defaults.
  4. Select Yes to confirm.
  5. Press F10 to save changes and exit.
  6. Select Yes to confirm.
  7. The computer restarts using the default settings.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.