Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
P6000
Other

Hey,

I am having an issue with my HP P6000 series desktop.

I am running windows 2012 R2 64bit on it. It came installed with 6GB Ram (3x2GB). I recently bought these: 2x4GB DDR3 PC3-8500 from amazon. They matched the specs for the computer based on the serial number and product number.

I am seeing 12GB (3.75 Usable) in the system view. Maximum memory is unchecked. It is a 64 bit OS. I have tried reseating the ram chips as well as trying all manor of different seating. I have tried mixing and matching the different ram chips with the previous ones. I have tried all sorts of seating arrangments but none give any result. The bios does not support memory remapping. I have updated it to the latest version.

The weird thing is. My serial number and product number match that of the HP Pavilion p6716f Desktop. Where as the product name on the computer is p6000. Also the base specs for the p6716f are different from the ones on my p6000.

What am I doing wrong or is it just because the model does not support 4GB sticks?

The HP support site showing the p6716f desktop model and serial numberMy Desktops model and serial number showing p6000

Update: It does not work if it is just the 4GB sticks, I get one quick beep followed by a longer beep and no display (Memory error). I have verified they worked using another desktop though. It is looking more and more like I wasted $50 because of the serial number and product number being wrong.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.