Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 22-h002d TouchSmart All-in-One Desktop PC (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
  • Context: some years ago, the pc used to come with 4gb preinstalled, but after years of usage it suddenly wont turn on?? We took it to a repair shop and they just installed a single stick of 2gb ddr3, it magically worked, months after we bought 2 4gb ddr3 sticks, when we tried installing it, it does scan 2 4gb ddr3's, but it wont start up, spinning wheel isnt showing up, still doesnt work with a sigle stick of 4gb ddr3, but it does work with a single stick of 2gb. Can this be a bios problem? Bcs i did update the bios awhile back.
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

hi

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-22-h000-touchsmart-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/662...

• Amount: 4 GB
  • Speed: PC3-12800 MB/s
  • Type: DDR3-1600

Memory upgrade information

• Dual channel memory architecture
  • Two DDR3 SODIMM (204-pin) sockets
  • Supports PC3-12800 (DDR3-1600)
  • Supports 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB and 8 GB DDR3 SODIMMs
  • Supports up to 16 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers

in many cases, if it does not work with new modules, they are incompatible
if neither of the two modules buy work, then they must certainly be replaced!
Try a memory module, one after the other in each available slot

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

The memory modules work, i have another computer like rhis exact model, i tried ro fit it on there and the modules work.

But in my case, this other one that i own does scan 2 4gb modules but it wont boot. It only boots if i use a 2gb ddr3 ram on single channel.

HP Recommended

is it the exact same motherboard model?
Same bios version?
Same version of windows?
Did you try each slot with each module?
"this other one that i own does scan 2 4gb modules"
what exactly do you mean here?
you say at some point that it does not start, but there is a sign or nothing at all?
If you turn it on and immediately try to go into the bios, will it work?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Screenshot_20220926_195432.jpg

Screenshot_20220926_195418.jpg

 So, both are the exact same motherboards, one is windows 10 and one is windows 8.1, the one with bios ver 80.03 is the windows 10 one and accepts the ram modules, the 80.21 ome is the one that wont accept the ram modules.

In the part when i said that it scans the modules is in this part.

Screenshot_20220926_200116.jpg

 Both pc's scan 4gb on each slot but apparently dosent start when i put it on the windows 8.1 pc (bios 80.21).

(Im sorry if i suck at explaining, grammar issues, english isnt my mother-tounge.)

HP Recommended

no, no, me neither, and that's why I have a little trouble following sometimes..
so if i understood correctly, this time, which is annoying, it won't work with the bios, newer, it would have been easier if the other way around..
I can't tell you to go back to the same version, it's risky, maybe impossible, and maybe it would be useless?
But one question, if you haven't already tried..
one had 4 gb, then we installed 2gb ..
The other therefore, also had to have 4gb..
From what I understand, you bought two 4 gb modules?
if so, have you done the test, with the original module of the functional computer, in the one that currently only accepts 2 gb?
sorry, with what you tell me, I'm afraid I haven't found a solution!

[edit] your last image, is not visible!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

The image got blocked anyways, here it is.

Untitled13_20220926232838.png

 Both pc's come with 4gb pre-installed, i suspect the bios uodate, because after the update finished, i was able to boot into windows, but shortly after, the issue happened

It does scan that it has 4gb on both slots but wouldnt boot into windows.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.