Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion (10?)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So i recently decided to upgrade my ram stick on my hp laptop, i believe its an hp pavilion 10 (its the realtree xtra model, i didnt know how to check directly), i only have one ram slot, and when i switched it out, my fps in-game dropped by about half. I realize there's no settings to tweak ram speed, but its supposed to be running at 1330MHz, but its only running 1066.2. I used CPU Z to ensure that factor as well. I went from the factory Samsung 4gb ram stick to a DUOMEIQI 8gb (2Rx8 DDR3) SODIMM. My question remains, is there anything in the computer thats preventing it from running the advertized speed, or any settings i can change to better optimize the ram? 

Im no expert on anything to do with computers but i have a mild understanding, any advice will be gratefully considered, thank you.

If more details on my computer are necessary, just say so

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

re:If more details on my computer are necessary, just say so

Invoke the HP Support Assistant and look at the bottom of any of the dialogue pages to find the Product number.  Post it in your next response in your thread.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.