Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp envy 750-514
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought an identical 8gb ram stick to match the 8gb ramstick that comes with the system. I replaced the 4gb stick with the 8gb stick and now it won't boot and I get 3 beep then 2 beep cmos error. I tried resetting cmos by removing mobo battery for 20 minutes but still same 3 beep 2 beep no boot. Still works fine with original 8gb and 4 gb stock pair of ram, but even if I replace the 8 gb with new stick and leave in 4gb sick it doesn't work either. Basically introducing new stick of ram in any combo computer won't boot. Plz help for hp envy 750-514. The new 8gb stick is EXACTLY the same stick as the stock one that came with. Any ideas as to how I can make it work with both 8gb sticks would be great. Hp website says my motherboard supports up to 16gb of ram

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@tbids90 , welcome to the Community.

It is not clear to me if you tried the new 8 GB module by itself to see if the computer boots; not in combo.  If not, try it.  You may have gotten a bad module.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

I tried the new 8gb by itself no change. I have yet to actually hear of anyone successfully adding a 8gb stick even tho it is identical and the website says it supports up to 16gb im starting to think I got a bad stick bur part of me feels like if I get another one it will just be the same no boot outcome.

HP Recommended

I really just want to know if it has been done with this model pc before or if the ram is just locked or something even tho the two stick it comes with are mismatched and work fine. Ones micron 8gb and the other a Samsung 4gb. I feel like I've tried everything I've researched but im at a loss at this point.

HP Recommended

@tbids90 

This is not the type of Community/Forum that you normally frequent.  The members here come to get a solution to their problem and leave.  They don't come back and lurk to help others.  So, you may not get an answer to your question.

If you are certain that the new 8 GB is an exact duplicate (manufacturer, timings (especially CAS) of the original module, as I stated in my last reply, it may be a bad module.  I would contact the manufacturer's Tech Support to see what they have to say.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.