cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erick_O
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Re: DGroves out a xw4600 - Advice sought please!

HP Recommended
Xw6400
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I need help updating my xw6400 workstation currently it has a Q6600, 4gb RAM, and no storage or graphics, I have no computer and the prices to build one in my country are too high, so I'm trying to get back this workstation comes to life.

My interests are light games and I would like to know, which parts might have compatibility issues.

I'm thinking about putting 2x4 gb of ram and joining with the modules I already have and keeping 10 gb of ram which model should I get for the pc to turn on? 4x2gb would recognize better?

Which processor should I put? the x3363 or some stronger 2 quad core? which ones do you indicate?

And regarding the graphics card a 750ti from aliexpress would bring compatibility problems?

1 REPLY 1
DGroves
Level 11
4,698 4,672 442 993
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have covered this in detail in previous xw4600 posts, please use this forums "SEARCH" feature to read them

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation