Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I wonder if you can offer any advice ? I have a HP Compaq 8300 AIO and have purchased the same radeon 7650a card as you did but i only get a screen with solid alternating colours (Red, Green & Blue) on a continuos cycle ? I have installed the correct HP heat exchanger and downloaded the 7650a drivers from the HP support site, i recall in one of your posts that you installed the card with no problems and wondered if there is anything that i am missing out on during installation ?

Any comments appreciated !!

Alan.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Did you upgrade your power supply to atleast 180 Watt , can go up to 230 Watts . Iam using 230 and 240 watts on my HP Compaq 8300 Elite USDT models . 

HP Recommended

Have you tried reseating the Graphics card . If so it could be a defective card . Nvidia also has cards that will work with your desktop AIO . Nvidia GT630m is running in one of my HP Compaq Elite 8300 USDT . Working on another with DDR5 ram , since they don't use the installed DDR3 system ram . Will update , and I hope some of this  info helped . Only cards with a maximum Wattage of 35 w will work . Plus make sure the contacts are  for a 3.0 A connector . Also you can get an external card reader adapter and the separate power supply and use full size Graphics cards , just extra clutter of wires .. 

HP Recommended

Apologies for delay in responding ! Have checked power supply and it is rated at 230W ? have also reseated card and gone through bios settings all to no avail ?? supplier of card has informed me that card was working ok during testing ?? not sure what else i can try ??

Thanks for your responses !!

Alan.

HP Recommended
I hate to say this but either the Graphics card is bad or you mother board is damaged . I ordered some of my USDT and had to change out a couple due to issues with the Motherboards . Seem to think it is the Graphics card that has the issue though . Will do some more checking to see if I can help you out .
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and i appreciate your help !! have looked all over but cannot find anything that might be of use ??

I saw one post where the member carried out the same procedure as i am attempting with no problems at all !! as you say it could possibly be the main board or the card itself. At the moment the unit is running Windows 7 and i can actually hear the start up tune etc. whilst staring at the solid colours  ?

Regards, Alan.

HP Recommended
Have you removed the graphics card to see if the computer will start up normally ?
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Good Morning,

Thanks for the replies, appreciated !!!

The computer works fine when the new graphics card is removed, no problems at all. I tried the method some time ago that is shown on the you tube video but it was when i had Windows 7 loaded and i could not get past pressing F8 as nothing appeared on the screen ? i now have Windows 10 loaded and will try later today, fingers crossed !! will let you know the outcome !!

Regards, Alan.

HP Recommended

Have attempted procedure shown on video and again no joy !! I have also attempted to install Windows 10 again on a blank hard drive with the card installed but i still receive the same alternating solid colours ??

I have now attempted with both graphics cards shown by HP as upgrades, the Radeon 7650A and the Nvidia GT540M and i get the same results which i guess makes a fault on the Motherboard a more than likely cause of the problem ??

So at the moment i am stuck with the on board Intel graphics which is no real problem !! But thanks for your help and suggestions all very much appreciated !!!

Regards, Alan.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.