Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have the HP Phoenix ENVY 810-160, bootup fails, so i take the additional step of HP diagnostics, do my component check, and then exit and it boots up fine, but takes forever. So how do i fix the problem, Sandisk does not sell the replacement, neither does HP. Can HP tell me what my best option is and the step by step instructions? 

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You have a small 16 GB caching disk drive failure. Your PC is going to run very slow.

You don't need this disk.

Disconnect this disk from the MB.

I have repaired similar systems.

Buy a one TB 2.5 inch SATA SSD to replace the factory one TB HDD if you need the storage or you rely on HP Factory Recovery media.

Otherwise you can get by with a 512 GB SATA SSD.

Clone the current Windows installation from the one TB HDD to the new SSD using Macrium Reflect Free (instructions at this Link). Or you can back up data and do a clean W10 install if you are using W10. W10 download media is available at this site (Link).

Remove the HDD. Install the SSD using the same connections used with the old HDD.

The PC should now run nicely without the 16 GB caching SSD.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.