Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlieggi
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Re: My Desktop is stuck in Automatic Repair Mode

HP Recommended

I have tried this.  I have shutdown/rebooted several times.  I just keep getting the Automatic Repair screen, which tells me to restart or see advance options for repair options.  I've tried Startup Repair but says "Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC".   I can't reset either, error continues to read "there was a problem resetting your PC".

The desktop just went out of warranty 10 days ago!  I can't get it to start past the automatic repair screen which then doesn't work.  This is ridiculous and not happy at all with HP now, had the computer just one year and its already non-operable.  And I can't even get to a technician to get help.  

1 REPLY 1
jonnesterok
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Here are the steps that you can follow to solve your error which says "there was a problem resetting your PC"

Method #1: Boot into System Recovery Options

Step 1: Boot your system into Recovery mode and click on Advanced options.

Step 2: Select Command prompt and enter your admin password

Step 3: Type the following command in the Command prompt window and hit the Enter button on your keyboard.

cd %windir%\system32\config

ren system system.001

ren software software.001

Once you are done with the command. Close the CMD Window and restart your Computer. Please also make sure to resinstall your Operating system to eliminate any broken code or file.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation