Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hey all,

So I built this PC a long while ago, I built one for my wife as well. I was younger and not too advanced ( still need to learn a lot ) about building my PC. Its been great but its definitely starting to slow down. I was hoping to give this place a hopeful post and see what suggestions you guys can come up with! Me and the wife don't have much to shove into these things so moderate in $$$ is Ideal. One thing I do know is I desperately need new ram, and a motherboard, I tried upgrading to 16gb ram but the motherboard wouldn't accept it!

Thanks,

PC Specs

Motherboard - ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M5A97 R2.0

CPU - AMD FX-8350

GPU - 8192MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 390 Series (couldn't get a good link)

Bios Version/Date - American Megatrends Inc. 1503, 1/16/2013

I have tons of memory, running the OS off an SSD. Let me know what you think. I know little to nothing about BIOS and have heard sometimes an update does wonders or mayhem. I wanted professional opinion before touching it.

Thanks all,

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello
you say you built this computer ..
Only, here, we are here to talk only about HP product.
While it would be a pleasure to try to help you, I would advise you more to go to help communities specializing in custom configurations.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.