Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One 23-q067c
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My computer has been working fine until this morning, when my Corsair keyboard lighting was still on after shutting down the PC, and my mouse wasn't working either. I thought that my keyboard and mouse became defective, but after plugging them in the front USB ports and seeing that they still work, I realized that the rear USB ports no longer work. I tried using the DISM restore health and SFC scan commands, but it still wouldn't resolve the issue. I also tried checking if reinstalling the USB hubs with my peripherals disconnected would work, but to no avail. I'm starting to wonder if my rear ports no longer work and are defective, or that I need to reset my PC. Any advice would be great.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@lumberjackfinn 

#8        https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327635

If 8 does not work, the # 6.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

I have already tried the method of reinstalling USB drives, but nothing happened after restarting the computer and plugging them in. In addition, there is no restoration point that I can go back to for some reason, so I can't restore to a previous boot.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.