Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop 795-0509ng
Ubuntu LTS

Hello,

I'd like to replace my current Nvidia Graphic Card GTX 1080 with Nvidia GTX 1080Ti on HP ENVY Desktop 795-0509ng.

Is that Possible?

Regards
Zhang

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Zhang67 

https://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c06026207
your computer seems to have a 500w power supply

the original graphics card

Total power consumption: 180 W

it has:

External power cable: One 2x4 (8 pin)

• Form Factor: Full-height PCB with ATX dual slot bracket
  • Dimensions: 10 Layer / (4.4 in x 10.5 in)

It is therefore necessary to check the required power supply and the additional pci connectors of the chosen card (dimension also)

Example MSI graphic card

GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X 11G

600 W

2 x 8 broches

https://fr.msi.com/Graphics-Card/GeForc-GTX-1080-Ti-GAMING-X-11G/Specification

not possible

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

ENVY Desktop 795-0509ng

no URL to cards you wanted,  (makers name missing too)  if true makers name is NVidia (not just the chip on board) the yes, see below.

there are 12 makers of cards,

and each one has bevy of 1080 cards not just one, vast options,  ports, type, VRAM sizes, 1,2,3, fans and longer lenghts and long loves to fail on many PC, Hits things.

and power, the 1080 makers use 1 or 2 aux power jacks, I can not ever tell you all cards made, on this one fact.

the 1080 is 180watt card the TI is 250 watts , uses 70 more watts and makers of cards may add a 2nd power jack there.

6 or 8 pins,  and is NEVER OPTIONAL if the card has those 2 jack or 1. or mix of 6 and 8 or pair o f 8's

this PC may have the 500watt power supply that is plenty

what will be (may) missing and so common on HP or any OEM,  PC, is lack of GPU AUX power cables, or is optional to buy.

not the TI lightning with 3 fans , right? founders edition 1 x 6-pin 1 x 8-pin> and more, no URL to yours so I bleet away.

see what I mean about versions of one card, even from maker Nvidia.

i will pretend you said, 1 fan card, cheapest.

makes site

https://www.nvidia.com/en-sg/geforce/products/10series/geforce-gtx-1080-ti/

one 6 and one 8

click full spec, see same

the NON TI is 8 pin only as nvidia.com shows, so you need one more cable. 

so you need both those cables to full power, 12vdc to same or it will not work .

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

the 1 fan cards are 10.5" on both, near exact same.so fits , not so long  as to hit things on the right.

nvidia only not the other 11 makers nor 6 more x11 derivatives,

GPU cards are complex even too long,  (as simple as that for sure 3fan cards)

missing ports needed

or wanting 4K

at newegg.com see that left side bar,  see complicated there, no upgrade is ever this complex, GPU IS. read the choices.

ON OEM PCs  2 top problems exit  PSU to weak or missing GPU AUX power cable. 1 or both or all missing is common.

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.