Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One 24-xa0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can the Intel Optane SSD be replaced with 1TB SSD. I would like to boot from the 1TB SSD that replaces the original Intel Optane SSD and use the 1TB HDD that came as the original boot device as backup.

I can't find any info on the Optane slot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@concert,

Thank you for replying,

After reviewing the details, I see that there is One M.2 socket 3, 2280 type for SSD.

Please go through the Motherboard specifications, and scroll down to Expansion slots

If you wish to try other parts you can try it at your own discretion, HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance. 

I hope this answers your question, do let me know if you need any further assistance.

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@concert,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see from your post you need information and assistance related to upgrading Optane SSD on your HP Pavilion All in one PC. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of the PC? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Could you provide me with the product number of your PC so that I can provide you with an accurate information which should help you resolve this issue. 

Eagerly waiting for your response!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

My product # is: X6C31AA#ABA

The SSD: is 860 EVO SATA M.2 1TB

HP Recommended

@concert,

Thank you for replying,

After reviewing the details, I see that there is One M.2 socket 3, 2280 type for SSD.

Please go through the Motherboard specifications, and scroll down to Expansion slots

If you wish to try other parts you can try it at your own discretion, HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance. 

I hope this answers your question, do let me know if you need any further assistance.

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank You for the help.

Before purchasing the HP AIO I did not realize the  only "expansion slot" was already occupied with Intel Optane SSD.

I am guessing that to replace the Optane SSD with boot SSD (since there is only one slot) repartitioning of the discs, etc. is

involved. This is beyond my expertise. Unless someone else tries this I am happy with the performance; just don't have the 

internal backup capability.

HP Recommended

@concert,

It's great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

As I understand you have a concern regarding the optane memory. Optane memory is used to boost the performance and it's better to upgrade the hard drive rather than removing the optane memory.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.