Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Envy desktop has a NVIDIA GTX660 Graphics card and Windows gives it a code 43. I suspect the card  is faulty and I am looking for a suitable basic replacement.

Any suggestions?

Drvtrouble

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

From what I have seen, that motherboard and power supply should be able to support a GTX 1050 or GTX 1050 Ti.

Your power supply is listed as a 460w, which is fine for those cards. 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03824427

Just make sure the new card is the same dimensions as the old one, or not too long, as it shows a short version card in the picture.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Since the desktop has a NVIDIA GTX660 Graphics card already, I would have to assume the model to be an older one and since no model number is given.  The older line of graphics cards were/are compatible with the older PC's that do not have the UEFI BIOS's.  The newer cards IE: GTX 750 or GTX 1050 or newer, require the UEFI BIOS's.

Without the model number, it is not possible to give good advice.  You can search in these forums for the model number you have to see if others have had success with graphics card upgrades. 

IMHO, just replace the NVIDIA GTX660 Graphics card with the same thing, to avoid confusion and frustration.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

My HP envy is UEFI Bios  and the system model is 700-060ea,

The website by NVIDIA regarding my GTX 660 Drive simply says that this is toast. So it appears that I have to upgrade. Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

From what I have seen, that motherboard and power supply should be able to support a GTX 1050 or GTX 1050 Ti.

Your power supply is listed as a 460w, which is fine for those cards. 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03824427

Just make sure the new card is the same dimensions as the old one, or not too long, as it shows a short version card in the picture.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.