Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - 510-p136
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.  This is my 2nd post - first on this subject.  I just purchased an HP Pav 510-p136 desktop.  There are only 2x USB3.0 ports.  According to schematics, there is a 16x PCI-E slot and an M.2 socket 1, key A slot available.  The power supply is a very low 180W.  Will it be possible to simply add a USB3.o expansion w/o much grief?  TIA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hmm  OK.  That clarifies the issue and solution.  Looks like I need a good USB hub or even a GbE switch or similar.  Thanks for your follow up.  This broke through my thick head and I got it.  .  DMD

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

The following link shows its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05325362

No available PCIe slot for you to install more USB 3.0 ports. Please try the following options

https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/targus-4-port-usb-3-0-hub-tach124us

http://www.tp-link.com.au/products/details/cat-5688_UH700.html

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Banhiem thanks for the quick response.  In the MOBO diags and specs, it is stated that there is a PCI-E port and M.2 expansion ports available.  If not USB ports, what can they be used for?

Regards...

HP Recommended

@Dorismydog

Yes, I read the specs. I did say "No available PCIe slot". I should say: No suitable PCIe slot because the PCIe x16 is suitable for a graphics card and the M.2 socket 1 is already occupied by the wireless card.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hmm  OK.  That clarifies the issue and solution.  Looks like I need a good USB hub or even a GbE switch or similar.  Thanks for your follow up.  This broke through my thick head and I got it.  .  DMD

HP Recommended

Hi.  Can you or someone point me to a video card that this unit will support?  I'm not a heavy gamer but watch an occasional hd movie.  Also, would this card or ANY video card require a PS upgrade to the 180W?  Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Dorismydog

Give HP Part Surfer a call.  They have some HP OEM low wattage graphics cards that were available in similar PC models that should work in your PC.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

The device in question is the HP Pavillion Desktop 510-p136.  The only slot available is the m.2 slot.  And, will the 180W PS support the load?  I am in no way an expert wtr pc internals, power supplies, intf types (m.3), etc.  I just purchased the system and will need to return if it can not be upgraded easily.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Dorismydog

As you have stated, there is a PCIe 16 slot that can be used for a graphics card. HP Part Surfer does stock certified OEM graphics cards that will work in the Pav 510-p136 motherboard.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.